How to save money on a dietSubmitted by Admin on Wed, 09/20/2017 - 06:49
Most of us face the issue of spending way too much on a diet because we tend to follow exactly what’s on the internet. Now the internet and various sites and blogs are really helpful, there’s no denying there. But one thing is certain, as a matter of fact- not everyone can afford products like blueberries, avocados, salmon etc on a daily basis. It’s a fact that you can still be healthy and fit even if you don’t eat all of these things every day. The point here is, almond milk sure is very healthy but, when it comes to following a diet plan for long time, not many of us can afford to have it daily. So it’s certain that we can still look for alternatives that provide asimilar caloric value and smartly plan and make changes.
Here are a 10 tips and tricks that may help while you’re trying to get fit and want
to eat healthy without digging a hole In your pocket-
1. Planning meals – Making a chart or just deciding what to eat for the entire week works wonders. Preparing meals for the entire day is a great idea when it comes to eating healthy. This way, you eat what you’ve decided, helps you
avoid random snacking, junk and it also helps you keep an account of how much money you’d spend on your diet, weekly and daily.
2. Chalk out what is NECESSARY- Out of all the things you’d want to include in your diet and eating regime, chalking out what’s most important makes alot of difference. This helps one inculcate only those items that are required and helps secondary or unnecessary food items stay out hence making it easier to maintain a budget.
3. Cook at home whenever possible- Owing to our busy schedules and with amazing health cafes around us, it is very convenient to order a salad from nearby. Although, if your goal is to maintain a healthy lifestyle, this option can be in use only on certain days. Along with the fact that we don’t know how fresh their veggies are and how much dressing they add to the salad, its expensive. Trying to cook at home and carrying meals to work as much as possible is the best way out
4. Make smart food swaps- A few simple switches can make a little more
difference than we think.For eg- Nuts have a really high nutritional value but well, they can be expensive. When compared to seeds like sunflower and pumpkin, these are too packed with vitamins and minerals but cost only a fraction of the price.
5. Shop grocery from local markets – Shopping from local vegetable farmers market instead of a chain grocery store or super market helps cut down on your budget yet provides you with the advantage of farm to table freshness.They’re are available at a much lower price and usually offer seasonal
6. Reading the nutritional label before buying – Many times, the foods that seem nutritious and healthy are actually not. Something else, which is cheaper may provide you with the same or similar nutrition. So why not compare the calories, macro and micro nutrients of different products while buying or ordering them?
7. Don’t follow the trend blindly- Its absolutely unnecessary to worry about the latest super foods, organic or following the vegan trend without actually having your own reasons to do so. In my opinion, foods like maca and spirulina are sure amazing , but veggies such as, cabbage and spinach pack a pretty big nutritional punch too! Succumbing to these while trying to eat healthy and yet save money- balance
8. Tracking your eating habits- Various apps provide us with the liberty to note down what we’re eating in order to keep a check. This along with calculating calories, in some way also calculates the budget too and hence using them or even simply making a diary or adding it to your mobile phones notes, would do the deal.
9. Portion control- Well, but commercials and other means of advertisements still at least tempt us to buy a few high end products and yes it’s okay to sometimes go on and try your hands on these. However, eating a little bit of these everyday or having the kale blueberry smoothie that looked appealing, once in a while would do no wrong!
10. Stock up- However, there are few of us who actually love having almond butter and can’t go without Greek yogurt. For this too, we have an alternative. Every once a month usually the supermarket has discounts and sales- the idea is to buy stuff for the entire month . Hence you get to enjoy your oh so tasty but healthy food and also manage to save a little!