Oats - The first food that comes to your mind once you decide to start dieting.
In recent times, Oats have been considered the pinnacle of healthy foods. From bodybuilders to moms caring for their toddler's health to the working youth, oats has become a common thing.
Though oats are a good food choice, trust me, they are the most boring thing you can eat.
For that very reason, I encouraged the inner chef to experiment with it. Here are 4 recipes with my twist on the plain old boring oats:
1. Oats Sabudhana Vada
• Sabudhana – 50 grams
• Boiled Potato – 50 grams (Grated)
• Fresh coriander – 5 grams (Chopped)
• Green chili – 10 grams (Chopped)
• Palak – 30 grams (Chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Oats – 30 grams (Powdered)
• Wash the Sabudhana and soak it in water for 5-6 hours.
• Drain the water and add the Sabudana to a bowl.
• Add potato, coriander, palak, salt, chili and Oats powder.
• Mix everything well.
• Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees celsius.
• Make small patties from the Sabudhana mixture and Keep them on a baking tray.
• Sprinkle lightly with oil.
• Bake for 10-15 minutes and then flip the vada.
Macros: Kcals ~354 P 8 C 75 F 2.5
2. Veggie oats soup delight
• Garlic – 2 grams
• Ginger – 2 ggrams
• Corn kernels – 40 grams
• Carrot – 40 grams
• Capsicum – 20 grams
• Mushroom – 40 grams
• Water – 2 cups OR 400 ml
• Oats – 40 grams
• Vinegar – 1 tbsp OR 5 ml
• Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
• Add onion, ginger, and garlic, and sauté for a few seconds.
• Add Capsicum, carrot, mushroom, and corn, and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
• Add water, and bring the mixture to a boil.
• Blend the Oats in a blender to make a smooth powder.
• Add the powder to the pan and mix well.
• Add vinegar and red chili sauce.
• Season with salt and black pepper.
Macros: Kcals ~225 P 10.5 C 41 F 4
3. Oats potato patties
• Oats 30 grams
• Boiled Potato 100 grams
• Egg 1 whole
• Salt and pepper 5 grams
• Olive oil 5 grams
• Mash the potato and add oats and one whole egg into it along with salt, pepper, and coriander and make them into patties
• On a frying pan add the given amount of oil and let it heat for 5 min.
• once it reaches a high-temperature fry the patties on the pan until golden brown.
• after frying on both sides, place them on a tissue paper so that excess oil is absorbed.
• sprinkle some chat masala on to it to give it some spicy taste.
Macros: Kcals ~310 P 13 C 38 F 12
4. Oats pancakes
• Oats 30 grams
• 2 whole eggs
• Banana 50 grams
• Sugar-free 1 sachets
• Take a bowl and add oats, eggs, and mashed banana. Beat them so that it becomes a thick mixture of equal consistency. Add sugar-free into it for sweetness.
• Take a non-stick pan and heat it. Lower the flame and pour the mixture on to the pan.
• Let each side of the pancake cook into a solid texture.
• Ready to eat pancake within 10 minutes.
Macros: Kcals ~310 P 19 C 33 F 12
I hope you enjoy these recipes.